Prior Snowboard Manufactory Ltd. (Prior) warrants all products sold by Prior to the original purchaser to be free of defects in material or workmanship for a period of three (3) years from the date of purchase unless otherwise specified on the product.
If a product is found to be defective by Prior, Prior's responsibility shall be limited to repair or replacement of the defective product. Prior will not be responsible for any costs, losses or damages incurred as a result of loss or use of product or damages incurred in shipping.
This warranty is subject to the following limitations.
- The warranty applies only to Prior products purchased from Authorized Prior Dealers and is valid for the original purchaser only.
- All products returned to Prior for warranty inspection must have a return authorization which can be given over the phone or via email. Ship products freight prepaid and insured. Prior assumes no responsibility for products during shipment from the customer to our Warranty Department. Shipping charges are not refundable.
- Excluded from coverage under this warranty are the following:..
a) Damage caused by misuse, abuse or neglect.
b) Damage caused by rocks or any other impact related damage.
c) Damage caused by improper mounting or adjustment of the bindings
d) Damage caused from chairlift breakage
e) Normal wear and tear.
f) Damage caused by anything other than defects in material or workmanship.
g) Damage caused by use of solvents, adhesives or LOC-TITE®.
- Repaired or replaced products are covered for the remainder of the original warranty only.
- All warranty claims must be accompanied by the original online order or purchase receipt.
- Prior product is not covered by any verbal warranties. In all cases this warranty policy will take precedence.
- The 3 year warranty policy was introduced on August 1st 2012. Purchases made before this date were purchased with a 12 month manufacturing warranty policy.
- Purchased Demo and Blemish boards have a limited warranty of 1 year.
- Warranty replacement products can not be guaranteed the same topsheet and base artwork. While every effort will be made to match topsheets and bases on replaced products to the original product(s), topsheets and bases are subject to availability and as such cannot be guaranteed to match the original product being warrantied.
How to Make a Warranty Claim
Evaluate the validity of the claim.
- Confirm that that product was purchased within the last 36 months.
- Confirm you are the original owner.
- If the issue is not a warranty claim but you would like it repaired by Prior please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bring the product to the store where it was purchased OR email our warranty department: email@example.com with photos of the issue in question and a copy of your receipt.
In either case, Prior must be contacted to receive a Return Authorization (RA) Number.
- Email our warranty department at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tell us WHAT you are sending back (describe the product).
- Tell us WHY you are sending it back (describe the problem).
- Don't forget to include photographs and a copy of your receipt.
- We will assess your claim and provide you with an RA number for return back to Prior for inspection, repair or replacement.
Pack and ship the product immediately. Customer is responsible for shipping costs to Prior.
- Remove bindings from boards before returning (for splitboards: do not return mounting hardware or skins).
- Use a cardboard box for shipping boards. Plastic wrap will not protect the board in transit.
- Include a copy of the original proof of purchase (receipt).
- Include a brief description of the problem and the RA#.
- Write RA# clearly on the outside of the box.
- Mark the defect clearly with a piece of masking tape (do not use permanent marker to outline the defect).
- Indicate that the boards is a warranty return to avoid any associated custom fees
Ship the claim to:
Prior Snowboard Manufactory Ltd.
Attention: Warranty RA#______________
#104-1410 Alpha Lake Road
Whistler, BC, Canada V0N 1B1
If returning a board from outside of Canada, write 'Damaged Goods Returning to Manufacturer' in the 'Description of Goods' area of the waybill and value the returning goods at US$20.
Claim Receipt Procedure
Within 48 hours of receipt of product, the claim will be handled in one of the following ways:
If the returned product is within the valid three-year warranty period and judged by Prior to be defective, we will contact the customer or contact person to confirm the warranty and advise timeline for repair or replacement. The warranty remains valid on repaired and replaced items for the balance of three years from the original purchase date.
If the problem is determined to not be covered under warranty but can be repaired, we will contact the customer with an estimate for the repair and to get authorization to proceed with the repair.
If the problem is not covered under warranty, nor repairable, the customer will be contacted with list of available options.
***We always work hard to have your claim repaired or replaced and returned as soon as possible so you get back on the snow with minimal downtime.
Shipping boards back to you from Prior
For all warranty approved boards we will return goods via the same method used to ship to the Prior factory (ie. if you use Express shipping to ship to us we will ship Express back to you; etc.) at our cost.
For all non-warranty boards the customer will be responsible for the return shipping costs. These will be outlined on our quote outlining the repair costs.
Should you decide you would like to return an in stock product bought from us you are welcome to do so up to 3 weeks from the date of purchase. Items must be unused and in original packaging.
If, however, you would like to return a product that we built specially for you, a 25% restocking fee will apply under the conditions mentioned above.
Please contact us at email@example.com before shipping anything back to us.