Can't see the ski you are looking for? Here at Prior we specialize in full custom builds. From picking your graphic, through to building a totally new set of skis we can do it all. Tweak an existing model's specs, or completely design a shape with us from scratch.
- Purchase this custom ski as you would any other made to order ski. Make sure you select your construction type (Fibre glass or carbon), your preferred topsheet/ base graphics and tuning finish.
- Download our custom shape design guide and fill out the form. This can be found below using the CUSTOM SHAPE REQUEST download link
- Brainstorm what you envision as your perfect ski. Make sure you fill out all sections in the design form, and include any further information that you think is relevant in the email you send us to return your form.
- Work with our design team as we develop and take your ski from concept to reality.
Receive your dream ski.
What specs can we adjust?
Reference the design sheet, or the product rendering above to visually correlate all dimensions to the ski shape. With the full custom ski program, you can customize all of these specifications at no extra charge.
- Ski Length (L)
- We can make you any ski length up to 200cm long. Finding that you would like a ski between sizes we offer, then this is for you.
- Nose, Waist & Tail Width (N,W,T)
- All Nose, waist and tail specs can be customized here at Prior. By adjusting your overall widths we can fine tune how much float you have, how your ski will carve on piste, and how well it will ski switch.
- Boot Center (B)
- We can adjust your effective ski middle, and boot center to design a ski that is ridden exactly as you envision, with no compromises.
- Nose & Tail Shape (NS,TS)
- Want to experiment with surf inspired nose shapes, or create a swallowtail charger? Draw us your perfect nose/ tail shape for us to emulate. Talk to us about how nose and tail shapes can affect the effective edge of your skis, and how we can use this to tune how your skis will perform in deep snow.
- We can adjust your radius to your specifications - if you want a high speed charger or nimble, fast turning set of skis we have you covered. Your radius will affect your overall widths, or effect edge length during the design process, so make sure you talk to us about which of these specs is most important to your dream ski.
- Flex Pattern
- We can adjust the flex of your ski to your weight and rider type. Make sure you let us know how much you weigh, how aggressive your skiing style is, and what flex profile you would like. Our standard design process is to scale the flex from 1-10 (soft-stiff) and determine flex in the tip, the tail and underfoot.
The Prior shop has been making custom "one off" snowboards since 1989. The layout and design of our factory has been built with this in mind. We can make a board to pretty much any shape and flex pattern you want. The following chart outlines prices for common revisions to existing templates:
|Custom flex (softer or stiffer)||$70*|
|Custom templates (including taper changes)||$450*|
*These prices are estimates, and are variable depending on the shape and your specific request. Over 1cm of widening needs a custom template.
To apply one of these additional requests to your order, simply search on the website the word "custom" and pick whichever item applies and add to cart along with your order. Write any notes in the additional notes section and we will be in touch if we have any further questions.
Complete Custom Shapes
If your dream board requires more than the revisions listed above please email us with your ideas. Some discussion will be required to determine the best performance results. Ultimately the price will be determined by the complexity of the project.
6-8 weeks upon confirmed order.
Above surcharges are in addition to price of board.
Prices may change depending upon degree of difficulty.
length restrictions = 205cm
width restrictions = tip/tail 33.5cm, waist 28.5cm
Prior has been offering custom graphics since 1989 and provides a complete custom topsheet and base graphic service. This is ideal for riders who want a one-of-a-kind look on their Prior board, and for companies who desire special corporate gifts and/or promotions. Custom Topsheet fees are single set up design fees, and are required for tooling cost coverage. Custom to-sheets can be applied to multiple product and charges are split accordingly. Please contact us for any further enquiries or to begin the design process.
Topsheet design and colour options are almost unlimited. We can print topsheets of photo color quality. All topsheets are sublimated onto a white, matte nylon topsheet for a professional look and finish. (sorry we cannot sublimate onto a clear topsheet material therefore clear windows are not an option for one off customs). Above prices based on receipt of art in digital file format in either of the following formats:
* For art that is done in vector based (ie. Illustrator or similar) program we require artwork in PDF or AI format.
* For bit mapped based art (ie. Photoshop or similar) we require TIFF, PSD or PDFformats. The File size must be 300 DPI in rectangular shape that measures 6cm longer than desired board length x 34cm wide. Note that files will likely be in excess of 100MB and can be sent by Dropbox etc or dropped off at the factory.
Prior offers diecut custom bases in one to three colors. As base colors are cut with a drag blade knife, so there are some design limitations. We ask that you first email a low res jpeg file to us for review and approval.
For any custom topsheet or shaping project you will need to contact our sales staff for guidance and accurate quotes. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604 935 1923 to chat about your custom artwork or other custom options.
Our build times vary based on production volume and seasonal needs. We always aim to have your order built within 4 weeks of confirming your order. Sometimes this time will vary but rest assured we are putting the time and effort into hand building your custom ride!
For full custom orders build time is typically 6-8 weeks due to the supplier requirements for non-inventory items.
Afraid you won't have your order in time for your big mission or trip? Don't worry we will do our best to accommodate rush orders that are communicated to us at email@example.com
Prior ships everywhere!
All shipping is through Fed Ex and calculated at customer checkout based on weight and destination for delivery.
Provides floatation and predictability in powder of all kinds, while it also allows the board to initiate sooner. Traditional camber in the tail provides additional power to drive off your back foot.
Provides maximum pop, stable landing and excellent edge control and grip thanks to a long effective edge.
Micro camber provides a stable ride with fast edge to edge engagement. Perfect for powder shapes or riders that want a stable and responsive ride in all conditions.
Provides flotation and predictability in powder and silky smooth transitions edge-to-edge with excellent edge control. 2-4mm of traditional camber underfoot provides energy from turn-to-turn.
Mild nose rocker profile with traditional camber throughout the rest of the ski. A perfect combination for turn initiation, edge hold and float for this shape.
Flat rocker is great for powder shapes & bigger waist width boards. Flat rocker provides fast edge to edge engagement and maximum float in the deep stuff.